Thursday, September 24, 2009

September 24, 2009

Arrived in Honolulu at 9 o'clock. Passed the Aloha Tower thttp://oahu.aloha-hawaii.com/tours/aloha+tower/ where the natives came out to meet the boat and dive for coins. Harold met me at the pier. We were both excited we shook. The Aloha Tower was tottering. Harold gave me eight beautiful leis. Jack Bowman, our very good friend, was with us and looked after my baggage. We came to the Y.M.C.A. and unpacked my trunk. We went to get our marriage license, and before we said a word, the clerk said, "Marriage licenses down the hall." We came back to the Y. Harold took my dress to have it pressed then came back to Kress's and ate lunch, and then we went shopping for a ring. We came back to the "Y", dressed, and Harold went to the florist and got me an orchid. At 4 o'clock, Mr. and Mrs. Elmer Williams came for us and took us, together iwth Jack Bowman, to thechapelof the Central Union Church http://www.centralunionchurch.org/ where the chaplain, Frederick Volbeda, U.S. Navy, married us at 4:45. We had a very beautiful and splendid ceremony. We came back to town and ate dinner at Times Grill with Jack.

No comments:

Post a Comment